Delivering services for the health of your building
Nelson Thomas Contractors are an independent provider of building maintenance services within the UK, offering mobile qualified engineers to react to building and PPM maintenance. We also have a Refurbishment division covering full turnkey fit outs to improve commercial environments.
Our strategy of developing in-house divisions working with our core teams allows us to maintain control of the business and ensure quality of service.
Whatever the size or nature of your business, we provide solutions which improve service delivery and maximise procurement buying power through our ability to provide all solutions to Facilities Management under one roof. This leaves you more time to focus on the real issues that matter to your business.
At Nelson Thomas we are dedicated to providing the best possible service to keep your business fully operational.
Nelson Thomas provide an extensive range of services across sectors from Retail and Charities to Public Sector and Commercial. Whether you require standalone services, or a full PPM solution we can provide you with the support you require.
• Nationwide coverage
• Highly experienced team
• Mechanical and electrical planned and reactive maintenance
• Portable and fixed wire testing
• Scheduled procedures providing preventative maintenance M&E Project Management
• Refurbishment, modification and extension of systems in all types of buildings, from individual plant to full turnkey projects.
• Flexibility of installations around site operations
• Minimal disruption with high level planning
• Water hygiene procedures and general plumbing works
• Air conditioning and air handling unit replacement and installation
• Boiler and chiller design/replacement
• Specialist electrical testing and installations
• Generator and UPS works
• Automatic door/gates/barrier
• Access controls/BMS
• Planned maintenance of detection, alarm, lighting and extinguisher systems
• Design, commissioning, specification and management of system installations
• Modifications and system upgrades using conventional and open protocol technology
• Maintenance, service and sale of fire equipment, signage and ancillaries
• Risk assessments
• Site surveys for regulatory compliance Environmental Services
• Compliance with current British Standards, H&S, ACoP’s and Codes of Practice
• Ductwork inspections to air quality monitoring and ductwork cleaning
• All areas of water hygiene and treatment
• Chemical and microbiological analysis, complete cooling tower and water tank cleaning, disinfection and refurbishment
Fixed Wire/PAT testing
The Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 requires that electrical fixed installations be tested and inspected at regular intervals.
• NICEIC approved contractors, carry out all planned and reactive electrical works
• Compliance checks and regular electrical testing
• Ability to adapt to all build environments and regulations
• PAT testing and thermal surveying
• Testing of electrical distribution equipment in accordance with BS7671 17th Edition Wiring Regulations (soon to be 18th Edition)